We began dis-assembling this chair for re-covering during Christmas break. L. was home and helped me re-do the springs in the seat and also picked out the fabric, accurately doing the math to be sure I had enough to finish the job.
Getting started post here and completed post here.
Like most projects once the largest portion was done there was less impetus, and desire, to tear into the ottoman.
The niggling thoughts of a project undone finally kicked me into gear. It was a pleasant surprise when the ottoman progressed faster and smoother, due in large part to the learning curve achieved through the chair.
Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the process as much as other sewing projects so unless there is another piece that really catches my attention I'm not going to seek out any more reupholstering projects.
Clearly, there is a white tag that needs to be removed from under the ottoman.
Refashioning has grabbed my attention and there are several tops on the sewing board to learn how to refit and redesign. That project is only to fill the time until the 'out of print' pattern arrives that I ordered, just today, from Simplicity with the cutest rag quilt.
Pics to follow!