quilts have been completed. It would seem safe to say I found a hobby and the counting can cease.
There is never a lack of ideas or patterns to choose from when, along with the rest of the techno-savvy public, web surfing has become a frequent past time.
In the process of getting Logan settled for his junior year at UT he gleaned through his closet and we ended up with a stack of jeans he could no longer wear. Initially they were headed for Goodwill until I tripped over a Denim Circle Quilt that mimics the Cathedral Window pattern. Now with plenty of denim conveniently in stock I had my next project.
The prints are from the fabulous stash R. gave me months ago.
Something to mention at the beginning of a denim project; denim is HEAVY and can be difficult manipulating through the sewing machine. That said, although I love the end product here, it is 'regular' bed size. I prefer queen size but I was at my limit for wrestling this cover through all the top-stitching.
The bobbin thread was cranberry to match a color on the front and to highlight the top stitching (unable to see here on the back) but it added a nice touch and has me feeling confident enough to try machine quilting on my next project.
Because of the smaller size and the lovely stash of coordinating print fabric I added a 3 inch frame with denim binding.
My continuous sewing has brought gifts of supplies from fellow sewers downsizing. I've received several bags of batting which has the ideas churning on how to use them. If the machine quilting goes well perhaps I can use the batting for baby quilts to test new block patterns and practice machine quilting techniques.