At the beginning of the summer I wanted to try spelling words with quilting stitches. Remaining, various colored t-shirts of L's and remnants of the first UT quilt resulted in a second, more casual, UT quilt.
L. had this really neat hand-painted t-shirt of the Texas capitol and Austin skyline he bought Freshman year. It was so unique I decided to make a pillow sham and try my hand at adding a zipper. I really like how it turned out and the zipper allows for ease of care and washing.
The work on the Cat is continuous but it is put aside when the urge to start and complete a project in a day takes over.
I am a big fan of the twirly skirt fashioned onto a t-shirt. There is still a lot of fabric that I was given and this is such a fun and colorful way to use it. These finish up in a day.
This cute shorts pattern uses
the remnant bottom of t-shirts. I had plenty of shirt bottoms so I had to give these shorts a try.
I pulled out a bedspread from storage along with decorative pillows. The pillows needed a face lift and I found this pillow sham idea. This refashion uses old dress shirts.
To put some color on this mono dress shirt I made an Exploding Pineapple quilt square to put on the front.
The finished front.... ...and the finished back.