Saturday, April 10, 2010

"The End," she wrote.

1:38pm this afternoon I typed "The End" for the novel The Boulangerie.  It was in chapter 13.  I posted chapter 11 yesterday therefore for those who have been traveling with me in two weeks you'll have the end. 

There is a novel contest that I will send this manuscript in to.  It is the same group that has my short story, "Shattered Neon".  The deadline is in September, between now and then I'll print off the manuscript and do another full edit and reformat.  When that is complete I'll post the whole manuscript as one link and put it out for any who are interested.

There is a completed first draft manuscript (untitled) that tells the story of Sarah and Jared as the romance with Toby and his father as the villian.  I'm contemplating whether that should come out, be revised, reworked and offered up.  Once The Boulangerie is submitted it will get some serious consideration.

The next story is already percolating in my mind.  Anyone who would like to offer up what that might be, after reading chapter 13, add a comment to this post.  Those who are right I'll send you a free copy of The Boulangerie if/when it gets published.

The method of posting a chapter per week has been very beneficial for keeping up the pace and getting work done.  I appreciate all who have been here cheering me on and invite you to join me when we start the next one.  Write on!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Finishing a novel is always a huge accomplishment - whether it's your first or your fiftieth. Crack out the chocolate and start partying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story I like any thing told in the west keep up the writing DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. There a definate feeling of accomplishment when typing the words, "The End". Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think setting a goal of a chapter a week is a good one:) I usualy think in terms of chapters or scenes too. ANd I know that feeling of finishing one--just did myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Terri! I believe I've hit on a schedule that will work for me. As long as my reading partner is game we'll start another one soon.

    ReplyDelete