Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I think the world of my Dad.  He has been a wonderful father throughout my childhood and adulthood.  I love him so much and wish him all the best, always.  That being said I want to pay homage on this Father's Day to my husband.

D. and I have been married 31 years waiting 12 years to welcome our only son into our lives.  L. is now 18 and heading off to college.

In a world where marriages so frequently fall apart and children are left to struggle, most often without a father, D. has been a solid rock, a firm foundation in an uncertain world.  He is a strong example of a Godly man shouldering the responsibility of the family he helped to create.

I have watched him nurture, advise, scold, comfort and give tough love to help L. grow into the upright, responsible young man that he is.  I love and respect him so much for being an active and involved part of L.'s life.

I thank God for D. and for all the other father's who take their role seriously enough to see that their children's lives are full, healthy and happy. 

God bless you all.



Pictures from:
tiptoptens.com
justclipart.org   

2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...they all need applauded more. We have been married for 31 years also and I believe the world needs more Great Dads!

    ReplyDelete