Sunday, July 11, 2010

God's Map

While my son was away at a summer internship opportunity I sent encouragements to help him throuh his stressful,"nose to the grindstone" moments.  He was never far from my thoughts nor was the fact that his experience was but another mile along the journey God will map out for him.  Although I have edited out elements specific for him the message is the same for all of us Christians who have said, " yes" to the call.

If we are obedient to God's direction in our lives, He will ask of us things that are outside our comfort zone. If we embrace these tasks, we will grow in ways we never expected.

God bestows talents upon everyone that He will use for His purpose, if you allow. Your experiences add to, or grow, your gifts. With this in mind how are you being stretched?

You may be stretched environmentally by moving away from the comfort zone of your home and people who know you. You have to establish a new routine in a new place.

You may be stretched emotionally by being away from people who understand you. People, who share your humor, get your references and like you warts and all.

You may be stretched socially by having to interact with all types of personalities, in different situations, with different priorities and personal needs.

If you are obedient to God’s call, doing so in love and on His behalf you experience immeasurable growth.  Pray for wisdom, courage, patience and peace for this journey designed especially for you.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (KVJ)

2 comments:

  1. That is my life verse. And I've had to depend on it more in the past 9 years than ever. I know that when I am doing his will, he'll get me through but it doesn't make it easy:) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder, as we mature spiritually will it get easier or will we begin to understand and to count it all joy?

    ReplyDelete